- Lavender is the panacea of French Medical Aromatherapy. A 5ml bottle of Lavender is commonly used as a pocket First Aid!
- Use a few drops of Lavender on burns, cuts, scrapes, bites, itching, nail fungus, scars etc.
- Lavender is also widely used for calming the nervous system and aids with relaxation for stress and anxiety, and deep sleep.
- Lavender is extremely safe and can be used directly (undiluted) on the skin for children and adults.
- Rare, True Lavendula angustifolia from France is hard to find. Experience the incredible healing powers of Melissa’s Botanicals True French Lavender.
- Lavender is a “driver” , which means it helps to “drive” other essential oils deeper into the skin. Known as a “dilution solution”, lavender essential oil protects skin cells so the stronger essential oils (the phenols) can attack and kill unwanted microbes and promote healthy bacterial growth.
- When in doubt, use Lavender!
- Acne – Apply several drops into palms and massage into affected areas. Use AM and PM. If skin is dry, apply lotion 2 minutes after application. Use Acne Solution for a stronger treatment.
- Anti-aging – Mature skin, Fine lines, large pours – Use Lavender, French or Lavender “Reserve” daily, Am & Pm. Pat 5 drops on face and neck to clean skin. Wait 2 minutes for lavender to penetrate. Then add moisturizer. Your skin will never look better!
- Bites – Apply one drop to each bite with one drop of peppermint to stop itching and reduce swelling.
- Burns – Apply a thin layer of lavender to affected area, 2-3 times per day until healed. Add Helichrysum for maximum benefits.
- Cuts/Scrapes – Apply a thin layer of lavender to cover the cut area. Apply often until scab appears. Or use our formula Compound Help!
- Canker sores/Mouth Ulcers/Sore Gums/Tongue white heads – Rub 1 drop of lavender on area 1-4 times per day until symptoms decrease. Add 2 drops of Compound Help! if there are signs of infection. Add 1 drop of peppermint to numb the area.
- Deodorant, Natural – Use 1-4 drops under each armpit. Lavender’s powerful anti-microbial properties kill bacteria that cause unwanted odor. For a longer lasting natural deodorant, add vetiver and tea tree or Compound Help! To your lavender application. Vetiver is a fixative (thicker, more viscous oil) and will make your deodorant application last much longer.
- Earaches – Mix 5 drops Lavender, 3 drops Tea Tree, and 2 drops Thyme thymol. Then rub 2 drops behind the ear then down neck and throat, over the area of the eustachian tubes. Rub leftover oil in ear, not too deep. Helps with inner ear and throat itching (Eustachian tube itching.) This works miracles for children and adults. Ear infections are often caused by a yeast overgrowth so limit sugar.
- Eczema – Use a thin layer of lavender to affected area. Lavender help reduce redness, itchiness and inflammation. Or apply Compound Help! Use as often as needed. Add lotion if Eczema is dry and/ or flakey.
- Headaches – Apply 2-4 drops of lavender and 2 drops of peppermint to back of neck and head. For a stronger application, Use our P*!N Remedy.
- Stress/Anxiety/Sleep –
- Inhalation – Add 4 drops to palms of hands. Rub briskly and cup hands to nose. Take 5 deep breaths. Rub the rest of your lavender on back of neck and shoulders.
- Bath -Add 20 drops of lavender to 1 cup of full fat milk or nut-milk to a full warm bath. Soak for 20+ minutes.
- Sleep – Place one drop under nose and breathe deeply. Use at bedtime or throughout night.
- Scar treatment and prevention – For maximum benefit, use a mixture of 3 drops each Lavender & Helichrysum and rub on scar area or scab. (Wait until scab forms to start applying for scar prevention). Repeat use until scar is healed. Does not work on scars more than 1 year old.
- Sore Throat – Add 5 drops of lavender and 2 drops peppermint to 4 ounces of water and 1 tsp. sea salt. Stir. Gargle one ounce at a time, then spit. Repeat 2-6 times per day to help fight off bacterial or viral infections. For a stronger treatment, use our Purification and Immune Formula.
If swelling, redness or irritation occurs, discontinue use. Use Olive oil to remove from Skin. If you have sensitive skin, try 1 drop of essential oil on the inner arm and monitor effects for 24 hours. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes. Use with caution while pregnant or nursing.
- Sick Family – When kids, family members or co-workers are sick, turn on the diffuser. Fill with Lavender, Lemongrass, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus radiata, and other anti-microbial oils.
- Keep Lavender in purse or backpack, in car for a quick treatment for cuts, burns, bug bites, deodorant, etc.
- Traveling – When on an airplane, subway, bus, etc. place 5 drops of Lavender, 2 drops Lemon and 2 drops Peppermint on a handkerchief and do 5 inhalations when needed.
- Hotel Arrival – Sprinkle room and bed with Lavender as a great disinfectant. Also, use oils in tub or shower to encourage air purification and relaxation.
- Cooking with Lavender – Lavender can be used to enhance cookies, cakes, ice cream. Start with 1 drop and add to taste.
- Medicinal Lavender – Try making and herbal honey. Add 40 drops of lavender to a 4ounce jar of honey. This will boost the immune system and tastes great as well.