- Our Hydrosols provide immediate hydration. Use to plump and bring color to dry, tired skin.
- All of our Hydrosols are ideal for all skin types to balance, tone, nourish and restore the skin.
- Our Helichrysum Hydrosol is from the island of Corsica. This is the only Pure Corsican Helichrysum Hydrosol we have seen on the American Market.
How Does It Work
- Prepares skin for optimal hydration and penetration of serums, moisturizers, etc.
- Helps to re-acidify the pH of the acid mantle layer of the skin, acting as a barrier to bacteria, viruses and other potential contaminants that might penetrate the skin.
- Anti- inflammatory – reduces swelling, redness and inflammation
- Astringent- Contracts, firms and strengthens skin and other tissues. Reduces secretions.
- Neat – to apply undiluted, directly on the skin
- Regulating – Helps balance and normalize body functions.
- Vulnerary – Protects and promotes skin healing, cell regenerative.
We micro-filter and UV filter our hydrosols for purity and optimum shelf life. They keep a longer shelf life in the refrigerator, but only need to be stored out of sunlight and heat. Our labels suggest to store in a cool, dark place. Use within 6 months to 1 year.
What Makes Us Different
- Our Hydrosols are 100% pure with no added fillers, preservatives or synthetics. (We do not know of any other Pure, True, Organic hydrosols on the American market)
- We offer hydrosols so pure that they can be taken internally.
- Our labels inform the user on how to check for bacterial blooms (cloudiness indicating spoilage).
- We provide city and country of origin and the source of where they are microfiltered and UV filtered, SAPAD.
- Our website informs how each hydrosol can be used differently for optimal effects
About Our Hydrosols
What are Melissa’s Botanicals Medicinal Hydrosols?
Our hydrosols are distilled in stainless steel stills and processed through certified organic methods at SAPAD located in Provence, France. True hydrosols are not essential oils added to water; they are the water part of essential oil distillation. Also known as floral waters, hydrolates, or distillates, hydrosols contain all of the water-soluble elements of a plant and are very effective for skin care, as well as extremely safe. Because they are a milder extract, hydrosols are suitable for all manner of applications where essential oils may be too strong. There is about 1-2 percent of the essential oil still present at the end of hydrosol filtration. Because of our purity and authenticity, one can use our hydrosols internally and externally liberally.